Friday, August 1, 2008

To Write Love On Her Arms- Purpose for the Pain




I’m writing this blog to tell everyone about this great non-profit organization that I’m a huge fan of. They are truly doing great things! I found out about this group through a friend who when i was in need, wrote "Love" on my arm and told me it conquers all.

To Write Love On Her Arms (TWLOHA) is a non-profit organization that reaches out to teens and young adults to help them cope with depression, drug and alcohol addiction, self-harm, and suicide. They help people find counseling and support groups in their area as well as providing hot line numbers. They have concerts with major bands that appeal to our generation that involve music and speaking on these sensitive matters to let people know that they are not alone and that there is hope. Their many slogans include “Stop The Bleeding!” “Love is the Movement” “Rescue is Possible” and “Purpose for the Pain” .



Check em out online at http://www.twloha.com/about_title.php

Really, it is an inspiring organization and I hope to be able to spread the word about it to someone in need.




No comments: