Monday, December 1, 2008

C'est La Vie

I’ve been feeling like everyone around me has really been trying to protect me the past few days and while I appreciate it… C’est la vie and I’m dealing with it one day at a time.
Life doesn’t always work out the way we had hoped it would. From those sunny careless days as a child when something once shun so bright, to adulthood where it burns out quicker than a match in hurricane strength winds. If I’m not making any sense right now, I apologize. When you look at life and completely plan your life around someone and then all that goes away, it’s a bit of a set back. And when you make friends with an extraordinary person and have to step back from that it definitely puts a damper on your mood. Circumstances as they are, I’m learning to cope with all this one day at a time. I’m coming to realize though that the ties you make with some people aren’t easily broken, and the ties you thought would never break are the ones that sever the quickest. Isn’t it funny how that works?
This is for the tie that was easy to cut. Meeting you when I was 11 years old was probably the greatest gift in my life. We had some memories that I just knew would be my perfect little story. Unfortunately everything that has happened has jaded and I can’t remember a time when I was happy with you. I’m sorry we couldn’t make this work after all we’ve been through together. I blamed myself at first and now I realize it wasn’t my fault completely. I was right, we’re just too different. “If we make it I won’t see its broken” We didn’t talk for 3 years and now I don’t see myself ever being able to talk to you again. I’m sorry. I walk away, that’s what I do. It’s an art I have perfected. You can thank every ass hole I have ever dated for that one. They made it very easy.
And this to someone I can’t cut the tie with. I’m glad to know that ties aren’t always easy to break. It’s refreshing to not just be able to walk away and forget you, as I know you won’t be able to do either. Time will pass, things will be made right. It’s okay to do the things we want to do until it’s time to do that which we have to. Right now is one of those times. I’m not going anywhere too far out of reach. You’re a special person and a great friend. I really can’t say that enough
To everyone else who’s been my shoulder to cry on or my personal psychiatrist the past few days, thanks! I appreciate it more than I can say. Right now is a time for me to grow my skin a little thicker and concentrate on my soul. To grow more spiritually through my hard times. I always say I am thankful for the hard times I go through. They make me the strong independent woman I am today. It’s a good thing when people turn to you though and try to protect you and help you, it means they haven’t given up on you and that they care. So I will never be offended by the guidance you offer, I will be hurt the second no one even tries to help anymore though.
Well that’s about enough for this blog. I hope this finds everyone well. I love you all very much!
Xoxo
Lacey

No comments: