Wednesday, August 12, 2009

6/9/09 Random Thought of the Day

It amazes me how all my more profound thoughts occur while smoking a cigarette on my parents front porch on some idle day or night, but anyways... more to the point of this...

While sitting here somewhat pondering all the crazy nights I've had and the legendary hangovers the next morning and coffee drank to drown out the night of drowning, a thought occurred to me... what if we drink in reverse? What if we drink coffee all night and then woke up and got wasted all morning? Would we still make the same mistakes or would there be a whole new pattern of mistakes made? Does the night carry some sort of behavioral pattern and mystery that the day time with its piercing rays never will? Or will it all still be the same? Maybe we hide under the veil of dark and indulge our selves into the random hookups when we can turn off the lights and to some degree not see the person in front of us and pretend as if it really isn't happening or that we can be hidden by the void of light in acting out things we dare not let people see us do in the light (vandalism, breaking in to that abandoned house, sneaking into the park.. ya know- anything illegal lol) ...maybe drinking coffee all night would give us some sort of stamina. or not... I know I've certainly had better conversations over coffee in some lone mom and pop shop than during any night at the bar... hmm makes me wonder

I'm not sure if any of us will ever practice this pattern to get a clear result, but then again that's why this is food for thought :-)

Feel Free to chime in :-)

No comments: