Friday, September 19, 2008

Life on the Moon.... or over it for that matter

So things have been going pretty dern well. Counseling is going great, life is going great, love is beyond words. I’m at a very blissful stage in my life right now. I find pleasure in the simpler things in life now like reading a book or having a good conversation. I’m over the moon because I will be heading up to MI in 6 long days! But hey, it’s better than not at all. I miss Matt very much and can’t wait to see him again. I’ve read two new Hemingway books that I had never read before in the past two weeks and am determined to start reading The Broker again. Needless to say, I’ve been a pretty boring person these days, which isn’t a bad thing. Last night I walked into one of my old haunts since I was down on Granby Street, Time lounge, and it was kinda cool that no one recognized me immediately when I walked in. I talked to my token black guy Kenny (lol Kenny!) for a little while and he’s the one who brought up that point. He was like “Duude you are so lucky, have you seen how everyone just walks by you and doesn’t recognize you?” He was totally right. I remember when I used to be out on that scene with those people all the time (stopped going out w/ them almost a year ago) and I couldn’t walk into anywhere without being bombarded by people. Now I’m low key, just another face in the crowed (until someone takes a second look and realizes it is me.) But anyways, I also bumped into my ex and his new (and now 5 months pregnant) girlfriend. I was truly glad to not still be with him any more. Not to mention I have the most wonderful man in the entire world.

I’m excited that the Palin hype has calmed down and the democratic party is ahead in the national polls again. There is hope after all!! That’s all I’m going to say about that.

Nothing big planned for this weekend. I’ll be doing a lot of cleaning, buying a few things to take to MI, and staying at home. Sounds exciting huh? I think I might go to Busch Gardens Sunday w/ some friends for the opening weekend of Howl-o-Scream. (Opening night is tonight but it’s always waayyyy crowded. Sunday is better causes none of the school kids are there). Man I am so overly excited about next week, I can’t even think of anything else. Now lets hope something screwed up doesn’t happen and I end up without a seat on the plane or something. :-)

And last on here WORK. So I might not have a job after today. Something screwed up happened on the ship yesterday and they said last time the guys on the ship screwed up, that that would be the last time. So unless they can work something out by the end of the day, we’re getting lay off notices. I’m not sure if I’m disappointed or not. What can I really do? My boss already told me he would make sure I was taken care of and had a job lined up for me, so that’s good. I guess we’ll wait until the end of the day today. Hey, worst comes to worst… I just won’t be using my returning flight from MI for a while. ;-) That wouldn’t be so bad.

Hope you guys are doing all right! I <3 you all!

XXXOOO
Lace

No comments: