Monday, September 8, 2008

Something in life is actually Under-rated.

After watching a marathon of tear-jerker movies yesterday, I have realized one great truth… I will get to that in a minute however, I’m going to give you a little background first. Yesterday I watched United “Flight 93” (Which is a terrible movie to watch if your significant other is a pilot), “Ladder 49”, and “P.S. I love you.” All three of these flicks have one very common theme. The love of your life dying before their “time.” That being said this truth I realized is how under-appreciated growing old with someone is. This day and age if you find someone you are going to truly spend the rest of your life with, that’s a small miracle within itself. I have come to realize that more than I would like to think or imagine, people are tragically taken away from us leaving a part of us broken and lonely for the rest of our lives….yearning for just one more day, wishing you could still touch that person. Oh how fragile life is..

So next time you see that cheesy old couple in the park w/ matching jogging suits on bickering at each other, instead of joking on them think of how lucky they are. And don’t stop there, hope that you too can be that lucky.

No comments: